Search This Blog

Welcome...

Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Tax Day Tea Party Impressions 4/15/10 Jacksonville, FL

Wow! What an awesome experience!

While I don't have a firm number on attendees, there were at LEAST as many as last year, although the crowd density did seem to be somewhat higher to me (last year was at 5000+).

The event was informative, as well as inspiring. We heard many excellent speeches on a variety of relevant topics, but the highlight had to be the message delivered by our keynote speaker, Star Parker (www.StarParker.com).

This incredible woman gave an impassioned speech (sans telepromter) about her transformation from a single welfare mom to a powerful, Black, conservative crusader for REAL change in the Black community.

She shined the light of truth on the evil inherent in our welfare system and spoke about other issues of note. I'm sure this will be up on YouTube in the very near future so everyone can hear her speak.

On another note, I'd like to relate what I can only consider to be VERY GOOD news.

I attended the Tax Day event last year right here in Jacksonville. As far as I could tell, there were only TWO Black Americans in attendance, Chris Nwasike (the MC), and yours truly. There may have been others, but, if so, I didn't see them.

At THIS event, I deliberately made my way completely around the venue (the Landing) twice, looking for fresh black faces. By my "unofficial" count, there were at least 40-45 Black Americans in attendance, besides Chris and me. But, I must emphasize that I more than likely missed a few so the number is probably a lot higher. That, folks, is progress, and it is significant.

At any rate, I am SO PUMPED after that event. As far as I know, there were no "incidents" of note, nor were there any disruptions from the, "Crash The Tea Party" group. All in all, a very good event.

Thanks go to Billie Tucker and the other organizers for their inspired leadership, to the volunteers for their selfless service, to all the speakers for their inspired words of wisdom, and to all who attended for their dedication and sacrifice for the cause.

History was made yesterday. Every American who loves freedom knows it. Soon, those who don't will too.

Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment